Houston Custom Renovations
Looking for the right custom remodeler for your Houston home? Hann Builders can enliven and transform any space. We’ll take your home from okay to outstanding.
Tell us what you want from your home. Add flair and function, durability and energy efficiency, or even additional or revised space.
A little imagination and some guidance from a dedicated custom builder and remodeler can maximize your home’s potential!
How to Get Started on Your Houston Home Remodel
The Houston home remodeling process does not have to be overwhelming. The first thing you get with Hann Builders is peace of mind. You’ll rest assured knowing that thoughtful and proactive planning are going into your home remodeling project. Everything we do is delivered with Hann Builders’ own high standards for excellence.
Before making the decision to remodel or add space to your home, there are several factors to consider. Most owners (and buyers) regard the kitchen and bath as the most essential rooms in a home. Because of their importance for day-to-day living as well as potential resale value, these areas should be welcoming and comfortable while providing function and efficiency.
When you work with Hann Builders, establishing your needs and aesthetic as well as budgetary goals will be the first priority. To simplify the process after these decisions are made, here are some helpful tips to follow when planning your Houston home remodeling design:
- Look carefully at your existing space. What are the major objectives for your home renovation? Is it simply to update the finishes? Increase the living area? Reconfigure the floor plan or improve energy efficiencies? It is important to think about both the short- and long-term effects as well. Does universal design need to be incorporated in preparation for aging-in-place? What about resale value? Will your decisions positively or negatively impact the market value if you choose to put your home on the market in the future?
- Think about your lifestyle. Consider your daily routine and evaluate what works well and what needs to be improved. Make detailed notes to ensure your new designs address any obstacles that detract from the functionality as well as include the new features that are important to everyone in the family. It is also a good idea to rate the items on your list as to what you want to change most and what you can live with or update later. Ask a professional like Hann Builders to visit your home to offer input and value engineering suggestions.
- Gather ideas. Start an idea binder or file and collect anything that inspires you. Save pictures from magazines or from model homes you have visited. Also visit design centers and supplier show rooms to collect selection samples and get an idea of products you are interested in. This process will help determine the direction of the new design and be a reference point as your plans and budget are developed for your home remodeling or renovation project.
- Confirm your budget. Now that you are getting an idea of your new design and product selection, it is best to revisit your budget to determine if you are still on track. Hann Builders is able to give you a solid preliminary price based on a preliminary design and specifications. As the plans and specifications are further detailed, the price for your home remodeling project is refined as well.
- Find a qualified Houston home remodeler. Hann Builders is more than a Houston custom home builder. As you might imagine, not just any contractor can work in an occupied home with raving reviews. But Hann Builders does…on a regular basis. Stephen holds his certification as Graduate Master Remodeler and Hann Builders has earned numerous awards for craftsmanship and excellence in home remodeling. We will happily provide references; just ask!
When it’s time to remodel your Houston-area home, call Hann Builders at 832-435-7792 or contact us online. We look forward to hearing from you!